/*--alsyousuck.blogspot.com--*/ .post img { border:10px dotted #e3e3e3; border-radius:10px; padding: 10px; }

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Black and White...Things I Love

"I believe you have an morbid obsession with black"
Mark Molthan





Yes, he really said that to me once or twice or many times, the scary thing is I think he was right. Well I'm in with some pretty good company.  Designers that love black and white. Mary McDonald, Kelly Wearstler, Martin Lawrence Bullard and Amanda Nesbit  So bite me Mark! There is something very intriguing about black and white and  I love it with accents of colors or  metallics. It works in traditional, contemporary, eclectic, and transitional. ANY color or metallic will go with black and white.  It's sophisticated (like me duh). I know, I love pink as well, but all this design makes me crazy.  I wish I had the time and energy to keep on designing.  Well that's not going to happen (unless that 12 years old comes up with a cure in high school lab).  Here are a few black and white rooms I love.


The floors are to die for.  I believe this is Mary McDonald.




Stripe rug, black and white art.  I see this is in a hundred year old house in Highland Park.




Love.


Eclectic done right.



I'm sure this would make you dizzy, but I love it.




Stripe walls have been done to death but what I like about these walls are they were painted over PICture frame paneled walls.  Could do without the Vegas showgirl feather.



Not with Truett and Emerson but I would rather have them and their Cheetos and admire this from afar.




Love the double armories with mirrors, gold accents and crystal chandelier.





So New York.





This just screams for a little color.  Love the herringbone floors and built ins.



 Lauren Conrad's home.


This chair makes me happy on so many levels.  Is that wrong?




Just saying......

So there it is, my love of black and white. It just makes me happy.  So go out and try a little black and white in one of your rooms.  Really I won't make fun of you, well maybe I would if I could.  Even if it's a little black (wussy) go ahead and try it.  Maybe it will make you happy too?




For the love of black and white...
Sue "CiCi" Cook





1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, black in any and every room!! All my trim and doors downstairs are black. Loved all your pics too.

    ReplyDelete