/*--alsyousuck.blogspot.com--*/ .post img { border:10px dotted #e3e3e3; border-radius:10px; padding: 10px; }

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Wallpaper 2. Things I love


"A designer is but the product of her imagination"
                                                               Sue Cook


I have been through it all with wallpaper.  1980's heavy texture must be mudded over, walls sanded, walls prepared, and then wallpaper hung.  Then 1990's wallpaper became taboo so scrape the wallpaper off inch by inch, use steamers, water bottles, and scrapers. Well wallpaper is back big time. So light or heavy texture must be mudded over,  walls sanded, walls prepared, then wallpaper hung. Ugh makes me dizzy thinking about it.   However wallpaper, when it doesn't have ducks, hearts, and border over hearts in pink and blue it can really be a elegant, exquisite, and a jaw dropping way to give a room just the touch it needs.  

Whether it's inspired or hand painted wallpapers from de Gournay from the top of the budget to the historic wallpapers of Bradbury & Bradbury (also pricey), Adelphi, to Grow House Grow, Nama Rococo, Flavor Paper, Jill Malek,  Twenty 2, Pip Studio and even Etsy has vintage wallpaper, it goes on and on.  It is like when woven woods were in, then out, and now back in.  Ugh who can keep up with it?  Well I guess I do.  Grass cloth with a little metallic...gorgeous!  Here are a few of the wallpaper and a little Anaglypta (embossed wallpaper) thrown in.


BOLD PRINTS

White furniture, bold wallpaper. Pip Studio, great website.



Love this floral. It's like a huge secret garden. I would put a long harvest table with similar chairs done in a different fabric. Maybe a black and white striped chair like the one in my Black and White post.



Still love a Damask, especially when it's got a little quirkiness like this.




 Bold solids and bright floral. Love the mid century Bertoia Bird chair in hot pink!


Love.



Looks like an old house and the home owner just kicked off her matching heels as she walked in the door. Hopefully on an ocean somewhere.


I really like the charcoal and white paper with blue base boards and white floors.



GRASS CLOTH

I don't know about doing this on every wall unless this is a hotel??



What makes this room is texture, texture, texture.



Very Shabby Chic.



One wall in entry, metallic grass cloth.




WATER COLORS

What a fabulous vignette.



I thought this was cool in a Bohemian kind of way.



This looks like a giant piece of art behind the sofa.




WHIMSICAL

This make me happy.



This can be a less expensive way to do a wallpaper.  Hard to pull off but this looks good.





This wallpaper makes me crazy happy.  Added with all the dishes from Anthropologie. Maybe in a pantry or butlers pantry?



  Looks like he is ready to carry on a conversation.




                                                             GEOMETRIC

Pretty in this room.
                                                      




I'm not sure this is wallpaper or stencil. I like the chunkiness of it.




METALLIC

   Gold leaf and Plum Blossom.



Metallic gold over lavender, with black and white rug just works.




ANAGLYPTA


Anaglypta is an embossed wallpaper that is to be painted.  This painted in a cream paint would look like a cable knit sweater on the walls. Love!




From cable knit to contemporary (although this looks like vaginas)  if your thinking about wallpaper Anaglypta  can be an option as well.  Although now that I called this vagina paper, I doubt anyone is really going to rush to the store to get this particular one. 


LITTLE DESIGNER


"That's what I called you for CiCi, Bye."
                                      Emerson Jones

I received a phone call this morning from my 5 year old granddaughter.  She had really been thinking about her 3 year old brothers room design when they move.  So after a lot of thought, she has come up with a design she wanted to go over with me.  She had two designs and wanted to let me know what she had come up with.  So here it goes...

Option 1
Spaceships.
Spaceships.  Spaceships on the walls with stripped bedding.  Planets, stars and spaceships everywhere.  The walls are to be blue.

Option 2.
Superheroes
Batman on one wall, Spiderman on another wall, Superman on another wall and Superheroes on the pillows again with striped bedding. Superhero posters on the door, with blue curtains.

"That's what I called you for CiCi, Bye".  That was our conversation.  I mean she is 5 years old and already designing.  Cracked me up.  Of course I told her it sounded gorgeous and since it won't be in my house I think her mother should do either option 1 or 2.  She also told her mother "When we get our new house, CiCi and I will be doing the decorating not you mom" again she is 5.

So there it is.  
Design on....

Sue "CiCi" Cook




1 comment:

  1. I'm newly inspired by wallpaper!!! And inspired DAILY by you!!!!! I like the Spaceship idea best..she has your heart AND talents!!!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete