/*--alsyousuck.blogspot.com--*/ .post img { border:10px dotted #e3e3e3; border-radius:10px; padding: 10px; }

Friday, January 30, 2015

Grandbabies ...Things I LOVE


"I don't spoil my grandkids, I'm just very accommodating"
                                                                            Unknown


Emerson Chase

Oh grandbabies and what they bring to your life.  Being a designer it started the minute we knew it was going to be a girl.  An overly expensive crib, window treatments and walls to die for.  I would do it all over again tomorrow.  I was in the room when Channa gave birth to Emerson. After three hours of pushing this gorgeous baby girl came into my life.  Of course I have my iPhone snapping photos, then run out into the hallway to show everyone.  Screw Channa and Justin I have to show off my little girl.  Well after showing off, I ran back into to the room and the nurse handed her to me.  If you haven't become a grandparent yet, well then just hold on because you will go to your knees, snot rolling down your face crying and your heart is filled with so much love you want to burst right out of your sweatpants.  Everything they do is brilliant.  Throw up... brilliant, pass gas.... brilliant, shoot poop across the room, brilliant because that's when their moms have to take over.
Emerson lived so far away I only got to see her once a month so no rules applied.  She wanted me to stand on my head and spit quarters....done.  They are so funny, so honest and love you so unconditionally.  I mean really you walk in the door and their little faces light up and they run to you or sometimes right past you to get to the pile of new toys you've brought them.  You become their personal play toy and love every second of it.  Then she started pre-school and there are Christmas programs, Valentine parties, Halloween, on and on and of course she is the cutest kid in the room.  She had her first dance recital and said, "Cici what are you going to wear"?  I told her a dress or what ever I was wearing and looked at me stone serious and said, "Cause you can't wear your pajamas!"  Now she is 5 and I don't know how that is even possible. She loves to plan a party whether it is for Rapunzel's birthday or a football party for her Dad.  She tells me she loves my "squishy arms and neck",  gee thanks. I cut my hair off and she reminds me on a daily basis she hates it.  Then there is my new glasses, I can wear them to read the menu but take them off otherwise.  Then out of the blue I get a voice message, "I love you and miss you  CiCi" when I saw her an hour ago. 







Two weeks old. Ahhhhhh





In her mama's wedding gown.




 Truett Grahm
I didn't quite make it to Truett's birth because the little shit had a heart rate of 280 and they had to do an emergency C-section a few weeks early. Once I finally got to the hospital to see him it was love at first site.  Poor little guy had tubes everywhere, and was in the NICU for 26 days.  Talk about a roller coaster. He aged me twenty years.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  He then had back surgery at 10 months old, and he was up jumping up and down in the hospital crib the next day.  That pretty much describes Truett.  Superman and he's perfect!  He is now 3 and one of the funniest humans on the planet.  Soooo he starts saying, "hello gorgeous" which is pretty cute on its own.  He decides to go open my wine fridge, I of course say no Truett. He continues to open and close it and starts saying, "hello gorgeous wine".  I'm not sure what's more disturbing, hello gorgeous wine or that there is still wine in the fridge.  Then he locks himself in the bathroom, turns on the water, and as the bathroom is in flood mode, his parents are pounding on the door saying "OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW",  he simply replies, "no guys".  Of course as a grandparent that is the funniest thing I've ever heard.. His parents not so much.





Precious baby boy!








Handsome as handsome can be.




My babies.



  

So I wish each and every single one of you the love of being a CiCi.
Sue "CiCi" Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment