/*--alsyousuck.blogspot.com--*/ .post img { border:10px dotted #e3e3e3; border-radius:10px; padding: 10px; }

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wine Oh Wine...Things I love

"Wine is just a conversation waiting to happen"
                                                   Jessica Altieri


Besides it helped cause me to fall out of an Escalade, wine is one of my things I love.  As my granddaughter calls it "Cici Water".  I only started drinking wine five or six years ago and my question is what the hell took so long?  A doctor told a fellow Shit Ass Disease patient, "If you don't drink you might want to start!"  Well that is the best advice I've heard from a doctor yet. Don't get me wrong I only drink two glasses a day.  However the bottles keep getting smaller, which is a big complaint of mine to the wine industry.  I use to get four glasses out of a bottle and now I only get two. WTF!  It's a conspiracy I thought you should know about.
The great thing about wine is the pairings.  Riesling with Peeps, Merlot with Cheetos, Chardonnay with tacos.  The beauty is you can mix up the pairings.  I personally like Chardy with Cheetos but on an odd day I might have Chardy with Mac and Cheese!
I recently watched a documentary called Somm.  Its a great documentary about four sommeliers attempting to pass the prestigious Master Sommelier exam.  This is a test with one of the lowest pass rates in the world.  Since its inception 40 years ago only 200 candidates have reached the Master level.  I highly recommended a Pinot Noir paired with Velvetta cheese dip with a scoop of guacamole and chips while watching TV.
Wine was used for medicinal purposes.  Hippocrates was a proponent of wine for medicinal purposes.  He prescribed it as a remedy for everything from the pain of childbirth to diarrhea. He also advocated its use as a disinfect for wounds.  The French have low rates of heart disease even though they have a diet high in fat and diary products like cheese (not sure Velvetta is one of their cheeses).  One reason is their consumption of red wine.
So whether you consume wine for medicinal purposes, fall out of an Escalade (highly don't recommend), or to have a beverage to quench your thirst while busting out a bag of Cheetos...




..
My evening glass of wine.










Cheers,
Sue "Cici" Cook

1 comment: