/*--alsyousuck.blogspot.com--*/ .post img { border:10px dotted #e3e3e3; border-radius:10px; padding: 10px; }

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Don't Understand... Things I Hate







I don't mean to sound like Coldplay, or maybe I do but there are "Things I Don't Understand".  I mean, I try, I really do try, but there are things that just make me crazy!  Like how is it possible in 76 years they have not even come up even a determinative test to diagnose the Shit Ass Disease, let alone find a cure? I mean it's not just the Shit Ass Disease, it's a lot of different diseases but since I have the Shit Ass Disease I will stick to that one.  However here are some of the important things they have come up with to improve our state of being and fund:



PLANNED PARENTHOOD

Government Funded                       $528.4      million annually

42% for STIs/STD's                        $221.928  million annually
Source Planned Parenthood


Are you kidding me???  Our Government spends $221.928 MILLION dollars, annually on STIs/STD's! If you are a victim of rape I understand, if not shame on you and shame on our Government.


OBESITY

$190.2 BILLION per year, or 20.6% of national heath care.

Source US/WORLD

$190 billion -- That's the amount of added medical costs every year that are estimated to stem from obesity-related problems. It’s nearly 21% of total U.S. health care costs.

- See more at: http://www.phitamerica.org/News_Archive/10_Flaggergasting_Costs.htm#sthash.9MeysuWp.dpuf

U.S. Health care is spending twice as much on obesity than previously believed, reports a new Cornell University study.  Obesity now for almost 21% of the U.S. healthcare cost.



I mean I get it losing weight is hard, but it's achievable. Anyone and I mean anyone can eat healthy, exercise and quit drinking sugar filled drinks. My point is all the dieting in the world won't stop the Shit Ass Disease!

Now for my favorite...

SMOKING

In 2004 smoking cost the united states more than $193 BILLION.
Source American Lung Association

Yes thats BILLION people.  I can stat this one to death, literally!  Now I am going to be honest, I started smoking at a very young age and smoked a lot of years.  I also quit over 20 years ago. Was it hard? Yes.  Was it impossible?  Hell no! Here is the reality:  In 1965, Congress required all cigarette packages distributed in the United States to carry a health warning, and since 1970 this warning is made in the name of the Surgeon General. In 1969, cigarette advertising on television and radio was banned, effective September 1970. So if you started smoking past 1969 you're a fucking dumb ass, I was a dumb ass You still are.


There are drugs for just about everything from a hard on (apparently male and now female), separation anxiety, damaged nails, inadequate eyelashes, drugs to get off drugs  Then there are the 2 million antidepressant drugs.  Dont get me wrong I take antidepressants but I also have the Shit Ass Disease, does there really need to be 2 million options??


However... in 1995 (56 years after Lou Gehrig died) they approved a drug called Riluzole. It's "supposed" to increase your life capacity up to 09%.  The average life expectancy is 2 to 5 years, so in my horrible math that means 2 to 5 months.  Oh and there are commonly  48 side effects.  All  this for $1,200 per month uninsured, $300 per month insured.  I mean don't get me wrong I would pay whatever absurd price for a drug with a thousand side effects if it would cure this Shit Ass Disease.   I just don't understand. 




On a lighter note...



I mean the backpack is bigger than she is:-(



Here is something else I don't understand...how is it possible my Emerson started kindergarten??  I know, only I can go from a soap box to kindergarten.  It's my prerogative, I can do what I want to do. Why do I have a memories of driving my 240Z and listening to Bobby Brown on my 8 track...uhm? I was so cool!  Anyway back to little E. I remember wearing sunglasses the first day of school with both my kids because I knew I would ball my eyes out.  Kindergarten is such a milestone.  It's forever losing control of your baby.  She will start making lifelong friends, learning all their bad habits (she has none) we call her Sybill for fun. She will be around yucky boys, snotty girls, and in all she is starting her life and I don't like it, I don't like it at all!



Sass!



And please remember to join or donate to this walk I realize we already pay a gazillion dollars on other stupid stuff but this one is really important to me.


Dear Friends and Family,
I am participating in the Walk to Defeat ALS® to do my part in the fight against Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Why don't you join my team? The more Walkers we have, the merrier, and the better for the mission of The ALS Association. We need people like you on my team.
Your participation in the Walk will make a difference in the lives of those affected by ALS. Think about the ways that The ALS Association has impacted those around you. The money we raise will help The ALS Association support global research, assist people with ALS, fund multidisciplinary certified clinical care centers, and foster government partnerships. Each dollar we contribute will make a difference! The ALS Association builds hope and enhances quality of life while aggressively searching for new treatments and a cure.
We need your support, so please do anything you can! If you can't join my team, please consider making a donation to support my efforts.
Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you at the Walk!


Don't forget the Ice Bucket Challenge.



Facebook Cover Image









Just don't  understand on...
Sue "CiCi" Cook











































































No comments:

Post a Comment