/*--alsyousuck.blogspot.com--*/ .post img { border:10px dotted #e3e3e3; border-radius:10px; padding: 10px; }

Monday, April 6, 2015

Herringbone....Things I love.


"The herringbone  pattern is an arrangement of rectangles used for floor tiling's
 and road pavement, so named for a facilitated resemblance to the skeleton of a fish"





I've always loved design.  I remember being 6 or 7 and designing my own room.  As silly as it sounds I remember it in detail. It was a carousel bed, yes it was round, pink and white striped walls, all in pastels.  I think I could make it work today??  My Granddaughter is 5 and does the same thing. She even draws the rooms.  I know, I know she is a genius!  If she ends up being a designer, great, if not I just hope she does whatever she loves.


Speaking of design I just love herringbone.  Never dated, always classic and makes such a statement on a floor, back splash, pillow or even in knitting. I could spend hours going through Houzz and Pintrest and any other photos and I did. Herringbone can make any room interesting period. I mean the black and white below....Shut Up!  So if you are remodeling or building throw a little herringbone in.  If you cant do the floors in your whole house and need a way to transfer from strait to herringbone, border the room a few planks in.  Add a few pillows, a rug or even a chair if you aren't remodeling or building where floors are not an option.  Whatever option you chose you can miss with herringbone.  Have fun!


What a black and white herringbone floor?  Ahhh!



What, What. Love, love!



So cool to go from the floor strait up the wall.



Arched kitchen herringbone ceiling.



Painted on.  So cool but who the hell has time for that?



Carrara Marble!



Not my style but love the floors.



Throw a few herringbone pillows to your bedding.



Rustic.



This grey is so pretty.



Two of these chairs with a white sofa and bold rug.



I love the floor, guess Houzz loved the toaster?



Simplicity.



Add a throw on a solid sofa to bring a little herringbone in.



Cool tub, but lost me with concrete floors and the rug.



Rug.



Herringbone cable knit.



Herringbone upholstery.



Herringbone subway tiles.



Gold, gold gold, really makes this room pop.



Herringbone tile.



There is not an ounce of herringbone in this kitchen but I had to throw it in because I find it so interesting. 




So there is my designer two cents worth for today and there wasn't one swear word!  Well shit not until just now!


Herringbone one............
Sue "CiCi" Cook

1 comment:

  1. You're gonna be so proud...finally got the chairs and they are Herringbone!!!! LOL!!! Read your mind!

    ReplyDelete