/*--alsyousuck.blogspot.com--*/ .post img { border:10px dotted #e3e3e3; border-radius:10px; padding: 10px; }

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Friends, Family and Good People...Things I Love

"There are some people in life that make you laugh a little louder,  smile a little bigger and live just a   little bit better".
                                                         






Since getting the Shit Ass Disease I have had plenty of time to feel sorry for myself.  I fell a couple weeks ago (shit damn it all to hell) and was pretty depressed.  I had been doing so well then out of the blue, transferring on my half assed good leg, I fell.  Then my husband trying to get me back in the chair, he grunts, I'm embarrassed, pissed and want to crawl in a hole. Anyway a new nurse came a few days later and asked me how I was doing and the floods came. I ugly cried, couldn't talk for a few minutes then finally told her it was because of the fall. "I was doing so well, sniff, sniff then I fucking fall"  She said it was OK and natural to feel that way, but that I needed to suck it up. She said "There is no guarantee she or anyone else will be here tomorrow, you have a beautiful family and that is what you need to focus on and enjoy, not dwelling on a fall". Well she was absolutely right.  I fell again the other day and same old, same old, my husband had to pick me up, put me back in the chair and grunted, making me feel like such a feminine, petite little thing. Falls are always so graceful too. It was a fall, fuck it, I'm sure it won't be the last.


Now let's talk about other good people.  My friends put together a web site where people can sign up and bring dinner 2 nights a week.  How sweet is that???  People have signed up, brought fabulous meals, dessert and some have even brought WINE! Yes WINE! One person, brought chicken and dumplings, cake and the most beautiful pink hydrangeas, oh yeah I have never even met her. That is how good people are.  Not to mention my friends that will come to my house for happy hours because it is hard for me to go anywhere.  My friends don't come empty handed, NO, NO, NO not my friends, they bring appetizers, dinner, desert and wine!  One of my dearest friends feel's bad because I just stay in my pajamas (poor me, I'm to fat to get into anything else) for happy hours, so she wears pajamas and brings me pajamas. Shut the fuck up!  Last night my friends brought dinner, wine and Andy the nail tech to do my nails! Shut the fuck up again!  Isn't it amazing how caring and fabulous people can be. I highly recommend my friends, but they are already taken. To bad, so sad (I didn't say I was one of those nice people).


Family.  I have a very small family.  My Mom and Bob, they live in Florida, I live in Texas.  Channa, her husband Justin, my grand kids E and T., and my husband. That's it.  I have already told you how amazing Channa is.  But she just keeps doing and doing for me. When we went to my birthday dinner the other night she even did my hair and makeup. She cooks for me, takes me to and brings lunch over and most importantly brings the babies over to see me! But, she is my best friend and I love her more than air.  My son in law drives 3 1/2 hours to McKinney every Friday then back on Sunday night to see his wife and kids.  My mom just came in for my birthday, cooked every night, and all that goes with that.  My husband hadn't put a dish in the dishwasher, did a load of laundry, cleaned or really even knew where the kitchen was in the house for 40 years,  Now he does it all.


You know people care about you.  You get through day by day living your life.  Loving your friends and family but not actually appreciating them like you really should until the Shit Ass Disease comes along and kicks you in the ass.  I will never take one of them for granted again. So if there is a moral to this story, don't take your family and friends for granted.  Live like you  have the Shit Ass Disease (not literally) but you know what I mean. Don't wait to have a happy hour at your house and wear your pajamas, take dinner to a friend just because, bring one, two or six bottles of wine to someone.  I am blessed beyond blessed to have the people in my life.  So to hell with the Shit Ass Disease, it's just part of my life.









Blessed.
Sue "CiCi" Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment