/*--alsyousuck.blogspot.com--*/ .post img { border:10px dotted #e3e3e3; border-radius:10px; padding: 10px; }

Monday, February 23, 2015

Shit Ass Disease with Attitude

"Life would be tragic if it weren't so funny"
                                          Stephen Hawking




OK so you have the Shit Ass Disease.  If you are just finding out you will have all the emotions that go with it.  Sadness, depression, fear and what the hell do I do now? Well I am almost a year into my diagnosis and things aren't any better but your attitude has to be. I know you have heard all the doctors say, "Be positive", "Positive people live longer", blah blah blah. I think it's about taking one day at a time and going from there.  I am a pessimist by nature so every time a doctor tells me positive people live longer I think well then I'm fucked. But I no more so than the next person with the Shit Ass Disease.

At this point it's all sense of humor.  For instance my grandchildren have had a blast with my apparatuses.  I don't know what they played with before my toys came along.
First was the fall from the Escalade... it was crutches.  They both almost killed themselves trying to walk with them, but they had fun trying.  Next came the cane, Truett used it as a sword every chance he could get his hands on it. Everyone of us has been at the other end of that cane/sword. He is strong and has a really good aim.  Now I surprised them with the next toy a Rollater, they thought it was a "roller coaster".  They would jump on it the minute they saw it and have anyone that would push them, push them. Then "Oh man, now she has a wheelchair!!! SCORE!" They could push each other around in it, run into walls and people. Great fun.  Finally came the electric wheelchair with a horn! A horn that drives all the adults crazy, it kills two birds with one stone!! They love to snuggle up in my lap then turn it on and try to take off, that's really fun especially when you can move tables faster than a speeding bullet

Speaking of the electric wheelchair, I have taken every wall and door jam in my house out.  I mean there is no doubt where I have been.  There is not only black scrapes on every corner, but the base boards are pretty much taken out.  My refrigerator, dishwasher, cabinets, and island are abused as well. Now this is where the anti-depressants come in.  I don't care!!! I was pretty much a perfectionist when it came to my house,  That's what they make paint for.  Now lets talk about husbands...mine may not out live me if he doesn't quit being such an asshole one minute and nice the next! Every time he sees something new I've ran into he yells at me like I'm a 5 year old. So of course I will accidentally (oopsie) run into one more item.  I can play this game all day long. Maybe he should get some antidepressants to help with his irritation.  One day I snapped at him for some random reason, his response, "Did you take your meds today? " One more scratch on the wall. He was sitting in his chair which I could not get by, so I asked him to move, he just sat there so Channa said, "Push him with your chair!"  So I did, I pushed him about 4 feet. Wish I could have seen the look on his face.  Channa and I thought it was pretty funny!

Right now we are having to remodel the bathroom to accommodate the Shit Ass Disease. Mind you I have been a designer for 30 years. But NOOOOO he knows better.  We are two weeks into this project and not one thing has been done. If I could get out of this chair I would beat his ass!  The word divorce has been thrown around several times (by me).  We have been married 41 years this June. Of course he finds it funny when I say it,  What am I going to do with all the holes and scrapes I made??






I love how she is looking at him like he is a little coo coo.





Twinkies!




So I am glad you got to meet my husband before I kill him or tear my house to the ground. We will get the remodel done all I need to do is get my wheelchair in the bathroom and let her rip. Volia, demo done.

I got a little off track with, "Take one day at a time", to my rant about my husband, so don't listen to a word I say.  Handle your situation the way that works for you.  Whether you have the Shit Ass Disease, loss of job or life is overwhelming, just remember you can always borrow my wheelchair!


That's how I roll,

Sue "CiCi" Cook








No comments:

Post a Comment