/*--alsyousuck.blogspot.com--*/ .post img { border:10px dotted #e3e3e3; border-radius:10px; padding: 10px; }

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Son's...Things I LOVE


“You can do the impossible because you have been through the unimaginable”
                                                                                                     Christina  Rasmussen



Son's...what a blessing.  Somehow they are Mama's boys when they are little and I loved every second of it.  Then comes sports.   It starts with T- ball when they were 4 or 5 when they were more interested in playing with and watching butterflies than the ball.  Move on to football.  I remember one practice Chase made a tackle and the coaches were jumping up and down and high-fiving Chase.  He was so little the helmet was bigger than he was.  He jumped up and said, "What did I do?"  To all the tennis matches that made me so  proud of him. I remember Chase use to say, "Goodnight Mom, I love you and see you in the morning" every night.  Sweet memories of a sweet boy.
Then came the teenage years....
Lord if I could have put him on a rocket ship that kept him orbiting space until his twenties I certainly would have. That sweet little boy started by walking five feet in front of me so no one would know he actually had a Mother. Really what happened to goodnight, I love you and see you in the morning??
He ended up going to Pacific Northwest  College of Art in Portland, Oregon.  I remember talking to him one time and he was like there is no reason to not have straight A's.  Where is my son and what have you done with him?  He became very prolific in intaglio (print making) and I have a ton of his work that I am so proud to have.  He also loved tattooing.  I certainly didn't understand it.  I thought he was going to play college tennis.  But one day it hit me, he is doing what he loves to do.  So tattoo away my beautiful Son.   It is his life and who am I to want something he didn't.  I went to visit him in Portland and that same son that use to walk 5 feet in front of me walked everywhere we went with his arm around me.  When I left we hugged at the airport and both cried like babies.  He told me he loved me more than anyone on earth.  What teenage years????
He also had a love for motorcycles.  He called to tell me he had bought a motorcycle and my response was, "CHASE, NO!"   He assured me he was being safe, wearing full leathers, and a full head helmet .  He called me on Mother's Day 1999 when he was on a ride up the mountain with a group of friends to tell me Happy Mother's Day and he loved me. I had no idea it would be my last conversation with him.  Chase was killed in a motorcycle accident on June 5, 1999.  No parent or sibling should ever have to go through that.  Like the quote says  "You can do the impossible because you have been through the unimaginable”  I miss him everyday.  I'm sure he is up in heaven tattooing making art and flying free as a bird.






Mothers Day mountain ride. May 1999. Chase is in the center with the baseball cap with white brim.




Christmas 1998.  This is one happy mama.





Trip to Portland, Oregon 1997. Portland is so beautiful and so is this boy.




        Hard at work.  I just love this photo.                        



Chase was at a park when he was etching this piece.  Two little boys came up and asked if they could draw.  He handed them the tool.  The cross on the middle of left side is one little boys and the bird on the middle right is the others.


John F. Kennedy. Part of his senior thesis.




Abraham Lincoln  Also a part of his senior thesis,


Until we see each other again,

Mom
        







No comments:

Post a Comment